Date: December 3rd, 2022
Time: 9:00AM - 3:30PM (with a 1/2 hour break for lunch)
Location: 7-5440 Argyle Street (Harbour Quay - between Salmonberry's and All Mex'd Up)
For beginners or intermediate. Experience with drawing and/or watercolour painting is an asset.
Explore some techniques and projects in watercolour and ink to expand on your artistic experience. Projects include landscapes and the use of techniques such as:
- use of hatching and other shading techniques
- use of ink to set up for the watercolour wash or add after watercolour paint
- basic techniques with application on dry surfaces as well as wet on wet and blending and layering to create colour and translucence
- use of masking techniques
- general discussion
- use of thumbnail sketches to set up the project
- use of paintable acetate to look at options for the inclusion of highlights
Participants are responsible for bringing their own materials and a materials list will be sent to your email upon purchase.
If you have any mobility difficulties, please let us know in the notes of your purchase, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call us at (250) 724-3412. As one of the potential workshop spaces may be upstairs from our gallery.