The Community Arts Council of the Alberni Valley was founded in 1965 and incorporated as a non-profit society in 1971.
On 1977, the Community Arts Council acquired the current historical site of the Rollin Art Centre.
• • •
The Community Arts Council of the Alberni Valley exists to enhance the quality of life in our community by promoting the arts. This is accomplished through:
• Arts Education and Information
• Provision & support of quality programming services and events in all facets of the arts
• Participation in the preservation
• Planning and development of cultural facilities and institutions
• Contributing to the development of cultural policies at the local, regional, provincial and national levels
The Community Arts Council of the Alberni Valley enriches individual and community life through sharing and shaping the cultural environment of the Alberni Valley through the following mandate:
Advocacy for the arts, for arts organizations and those working in the arts.
Arts experiences, inspiration and information, including the provision of quality programs, exhibits, events and opportunities in all facets of the arts to benefit a broad range of ages, interests and diverse cultures.
Collecting, protecting, conserving and presenting artwork by local artists or artwork pertaining to the Alberni Valley.
Fiscal stability and professional operations
These values guide our work:
Innovation, creativity and risk-taking
Involvement from observation to creation
Accessibility and affordability
Honesty, integrity and openness
2020-2021 • Board of Directors
DIRECTORS AT LARGE